There are several ways to buy a domain from DomainVendor.
The first way is the most straightforward.
- Contact me at email@example.com
- Agree a price
- An invoice is created
- Payment made
- Domain is transferred
The second way is to buy the domain via an escrow service. The preferred escrow service is Sedo.com.
The benefits of using an escrow service –
- Anonymity – The buyer’s name is not disclosed after the price has been agreed
- Secure payment – The buyer’s funds are held in a client account until the buyer confirms the domain has been transferred
- Technical expertise – Sedo are the premier domain marketplace. When buying a domain, a transfer specialist is assigned and can help and advice during the transfer process.
As with everything there are cons to go with those pros –
- Timescales – Sedo can take time to respond, especially as they operate to Central European office hours. It can take longer to process a the sale and transfer of a domain name.
- Cost – Sedo’s service is not free. The cost of using this service are added to the DomainVendor standard price. Sedo’s fees are normally between 15% and 20%, with a minimum of £35.